11.08.2011

Update Time!


My apologies for dropping off the face of the blogosphere for a bit there! I'm ready to dive back in, with somewhat of a revised/renewed blog focus. Because my life involves a plethora of different interests and experiences outside of what I've written about in the past, I want to open up my range of topics to anything and everything. I'll still have plenty of beauty-focused posts {right now I have fifteen different companies/shops to review, all of which have been swatched and just need the narratives/details completed}, but I don't want to be limited in what I'm writing about either. After joining a pretty cool Facebook group recently, it's become clear that, for lack of a better phrase, “anything goes" in the blogging world. I can jump erratically from a post about products I love to the places I visit, to my animals, style/fashion, movies, books... and that's okay! I'm really excited to get the ball rolling. Again. So, I hope you'll stick around and continue to read my blog, and by all means, leave me comments with links to your own blogs so I can get to know you as well!

With that out of the way, there are a few random things to mention before diving right into the fun stuff in upcoming posts.

:::  BIRCHBOX  :::
I decided to end my relationship with Birchbox. Super-cool concept and definitely affordable, but after trying it for four months, I just wasn’t getting what I wanted to out of it. I thought the products would be tailored more to my particular needs and preferences, but most of the products I received I wasn’t able to use for one reason or another {didn’t work for my skin type, hair type, didn’t like the color}. So, even though it was only $10/month, I wasn’t even getting that much out of each box. So, sorry Birchbox, we're through.

:::  ABOUT ME  :::
In an attempt to provide some additional “personal” information about myself so that I can make a better connection with other bloggers and readers, I’ll be adding an “About Me” tab to the top of my blog, along with a tab that lists brands/shops/websites that I frequent and other favorite things.

:::  SWATCHES/REVIEWS  :::
Boy, do I have a crazy amount of swatch/review posts coming up! Just to build up some love, here are the companies to look for in the next couple of weeks: Persephone Minerals, Black Rose Minerals, Unique Pigments, My Pretty Zombie, Fyrinnae, Altered Ego, Hi-Fi, The Bathing Garden, Fortune Cookie Soap and a few others that I just ordered but haven’t received yet, like Darling Girl Cosmetics, Julep Maven, Zoya, Love Hues, OHWTO and some CLEAN-brand fragrances that I ordered from Beyond the Rack.
Yep, I’m going to keep myself busy between full-time work, full-time school and all of the fun things in between.

So I hope everyone is wonderfully happy, getting ready for the holidays and enjoying life in general! Stay tuned for some more specific posts later on.

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment