11.20.2011

Hi-Fi Cosmetics: A Review/Swatches

I purchased twice from Hi-Fi Cosmetics; once was through a Heartsy deal, and the other time was just a normal order. I can {obviously} only speak to my own experiences with Hi-Fi, which were without incident — even during their Heartsy timeframe. What follows is my review and swatches of both orders combined, as an attempt to streamline the posts a bit more.

:::  THE SPECS  :::

Hi-Fi Cosmetics has an e-commerce presence on Artfire, where the owner {Veronica} gives you the option to shop by collection, by color or see everything at once. There are quite a few collections to look through {they're listed/linked on the right side of the page, just in case you're not familiar with Artfire} and many, many eyeshadow colors to choose from. Hi-Fi also has their base/primer product called High Impact Shadow Fix, cosmetic-grade glitters called Paparazzi Flash Powders, mineral blush and lip glaze, along with their "More the Merrier" deals and gift certificates. I only purchased eyeshadows so far, but may try their mineral blushes the next time I place an order.
Eyeshadows are $6 for a 5-gram jar with sifter. Each shadow listing includes ingredients, a color description and a note as to whether it's lip safe or not and whether or not it's vegan. Shipping is $1.00 for the first item and $0.50 for each additional item. Both times I ordered I chose their 5 for $25 deal, plus a few extra single shadows. They arrived in bubble mailers with the jars wrapped together in a baggie so they didn't move around in transit, which I appreciated.

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

{All of the jars, bottoms up.}
{L to R: Punk Rocker, Lost and Lonely, Fallen Angels, Low Light, Silver Bells, Eat Me Drink Me, Clean Version - Photographed in Natural Light}
{Closer look at Punk Rocker, Lost and Lonely, Fallen Angels - Natural Light}
{Closer look at Low Light, Silver Bells, Eat Me Drink Me - Natural Light}
{Closer look at Silver Bells, Eat Me Drink Me, Clean Version - Natural Light}
{Same as above but photographed with a flash}
{Closer look - photographed with a flash - Lost and Lonely is really a stand-out color here}
{Closer look - photographed with a flash - Low Light is lovely}
{L to R: Adrenaline, Grinch, Love All the Poison, Morals in a Hole, Adagio, Beach Baby, Champagne Toast - Natural Light}
{Closer look at Adrenaline, Grinch, Love All the Poison - Natural Light}
{Closer look at Love All the Poison, Morals in a Hole, Adagio - Natural Light}
{Closer look at Adagio, Beach Baby, Champagne Toast - Natural Light}
{Same as above but photographed with a flash}
{Closer look - photographed with a flash - Love All the Poison is a great green}
{Closer look - photographed with a flash - Beach Baby is full of great sparkle and shimmer}

 :::  THE OPINIONS  :::

I *love* almost every color I purchased. I say "almost" because I wasn't completely in love with Grinch or Fallen Angels {just a matter of personal preference though — the shadows themselves are great, I just don't love the particular colors on me}. But two out of fourteen shadows isn't a bad number for indie products, when purchases are made not knowing how they'll work with your particular skin tone/type or not knowing how intense the color will be with the base/primer you use. And I don't *hate* Grinch and Fallen Angels. I just don't prefer them to the other twelve colors I bought. On a less subjective note, all of the shadows adhered well to UDPP and NYX Jumbo Pencil, blended nicely and stayed put for hours. I don't doubt that I'll order more from Hi-Fi in the future, though lately I've been picking up most products during sales, so I'm eager to see if Hi-Fi offers a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale this coming week.
If anyone else has favorites from Hi-Fi that I should add to my list to try, let me know!

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment