8.26.2011

From My Perspective

Instead of a beauty-related "opinion" post this morning, I figured I stray from the norm and talk about... myself. Ok, that's not so much straying from the norm I guess, {especially if you know me personally}, but for the sake of this blog, it is. When I first decided to start a blog, I knew it would be a huge undertaking, as I follow so many GREAT blogs with a multitude of different themes and concepts. I knew my blog wouldn't be a typical beauty blog, as I didn't want to keep it strictly beauty/makeup. I love watching movies and reading books, following politics and current events, performing in theater groups, talking about my furry friends {I have two cats}, drinking wine, trying out new restaurants... but unfortunately, there's no easy and organized way to blog about all of those topics while still maintaining some kind of focus. Alas, I've decided to ditch the preconceived notions about blogging, and make my blog exactly what I want it to be; a catch-all of topics, though tipped more toward the beauty side of things. But not wanting to restrict myself, and since it is my blog, I'm hoping to throw in some other things along the way.

So, on that note, I figured I'd talk a little about myself, without giving too much information away. :} I feel like I'm learning a lot about other ladies whose blogs I follow, but I have yet to really tell anyone about myself. So...
I'm 28 years old. I'm not married, I don't have kids, and as of now, I don't own a home. I do have two cats, Lucky and Bella, who keep me on my toes and never cease to entertain me. I have a bachelor's degree in English and am about 2/3 of the way done with my master's in business. I have a younger brother who is a lawyer and wonderful parents, and when I left home to attend college, I moved about 200 miles away from them. However, the move did bring me closer to my extended family, who I only live about 50 miles away from now. Instead of only seeing my grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins on holidays, as the first 18 years of my life consisted of, I can now see them every Friday night when we all gather at my grandmother's house, just to enjoy each others company. It's a tradition that began before I was born, and it makes me very proud, having such a close, fun family. But, it doesn't make it any easier to live 200 miles away from my parents and brother. I have a full-time job and go to school full-time as well. I'm busy, obviously, but I manage to find time to write blog posts every once and a while, make trips to see my family, go to play practice for three hours every night during the week {when it's theater season}, and still remain somewhat sane. Somewhat. Some of my OCD tendencies might suggest otherwise. :}

So, that's pretty much it {without getting more specific}. Maybe I'll expand on one aspect or another in the future. But until then, I leave you with a picture of my animals:

{they love each other}
Stay Fabulous!


No comments:

Post a Comment