7.26.2011

Weekly Spotlight: White House | Black Market

I'm a White House | Black Market newbie, so I haven't been able to fully investigate all the awesomeness that this chic retailer sells. However, I've had time to pick out more than a handful of cute styles that made it to the top spots on my virtual wish list.

For those who follow fashion, WHBM isn't necessarily a new place to shop. It's actually been around for a while, though it really burst onto the scene when First Lady Michelle Obama was photographed in a number of different WHBM dresses that were absolutely stunning on her. Obama was already a style icon in her own way, dressing with sophistication and contemporary chicness that appealed to women all over the world. WHBM took her already lovely look and did something even more amazing: made it attainable. How many First Ladies of the past do you recall dressing in clothing that even working-class women could reasonably afford to buy? In fact, I don't recall a First Lady of the past who was as much of a fashion icon as Obama currently is, with the exception, of course, of Jackie O.


Now, for my current favorites.

Tulip Wrap Dress {Photo from whitehouseblackmarket.com}

Ruffled Shirt Dress {Photo from whitehouseblackmarket.com}

Ruffle-Collar Shirt Dress {Photo from whitehouseblackmarket.com}

Obviously you can tell from their selection online and two of the pictures above that White House | Black Market has pretty much perfected the little black dress. The favorites I showed aren't really "little," but they're classy and versatile, which is the point of a LBD. I plan to make the third one {or a similar style} a staple in my wardrobe.

Sign up for their emails to receive notifications every time they have special sales, new style additions and nice little offers!

Stay Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. I love the Tulip Wrap dress from WHBM. I normally buy my tops from this store and on some occasions, a dress for date night...lol! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I've grown to really love WHBM's dresses now.

      Delete