7.20.2011

Item of the Week: Philosophy Cleanser!

I'm a newbie when it comes to Philosophy products, but I can say this much: almost every comparable non-Philosophy product that I've tried since I began using the Philosophy line has been a disappointment. I have a handful of favorites already, but I just got done washing my face with the swoon-worthy fabulousness that is the Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser, so it's fresh on my mind {and my face}. I received a deluxe sample of this {4.5 oz} with an Ulta purchase I made a few weeks ago {I bought Philosophy's Amazing Grace perfume} and I've been using it every day since. It's even gentle enough to use both in the morning and at night, yet it's tough enough to get my face squeaky clean {but leaves it very soft and make-up free}.

Image from www.philosophy.com
According to the Philosophy website, the Purity Made Simple cleanser is "formulated to gently cleanse, tone and melt away all face and eye makeup in one simple step, while lightly hydrating skin." And that it sure does. The message on the bottle {something that's different on every product, and I love this unique touch for the brand's overall identity} explains more about Philosophy and the meaning behind the product:

"philosophy: purity is natural. we come into this world with all the right instincts. we are innocent, and therefore perceive things as they should be, rather than how they are. our conscience is clear, our hands are clean, and the world at large is truly beautiful. it is at this time we feel most blessed. to begin feeling young again, we must begin with the most basic step of all: the daily ritual of cleansing."

I'm very happy with how effective this cleanser is — it gets rid of all the makeup that's been sitting on my skin for 10+ hours without leaving a trace of it behind. I don't even have to use a moisturizer at night after I use this cleanser, as it leaves my skin very soft and doesn't dry it out at all. I'll probably add one of Philosophy's moisturizers in the winter though.
Purity Made Simple is most definitely one of my favorite new products. I'm anxious to try even more products from this brand, and I highly recommend it to anyone, with any skin type!

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment