7.12.2011

Shop of the Week: Chipmunk Hollow Jewelry

Chipmunk Hollow is a shop on Etsy that I've been following for a short while. One of the shop's necklaces appeared on one of Etsy's "Etsy Finds" emails, which led me directly to their shop and onto the browsing fun.

:::  THE DETAILS  :::

Chipmunk Hollow is run by Jan, who is based out of Spooner, Wisconsin {finally, a shop based out of my own state!}. It specializes in personalized, hand-stamped jewelry for just about any occasion. In my opinion {and what would this post be without it...haha}, these necklaces would make great gifts for new moms, your own mom, sisters, etc. I find personalized/hand-stamped jewelry to be very special, when the right amount of thought is put into creating it, and there's meaning behind it.
The shop states that they will send gifts directly to the recipient for you, if requested, along with a handmade card at no charge. Even better, they offer FREE USPS shipping on all orders! It's nice to see an offer like that without a minimum purchase requirement.
Digging in a bit more, I found that they have received 529 positive feedback ratings, only 1 neutral rating and zero negative. I like to use those numbers to gauge how happy previous/existing customers are with their purchases, and I read some of the feedback so I know what I'm getting into before buying anything. From what I see on Etsy, I think it's safe to recommend this cute little shop for your personalized jewelry needs.

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

Here are some of my favorite items, just to give you an idea of what they have to offer. All of the pictures are directly from the Chipmunk Hollow web shop.

Birthstone Pendant with Swarovski Birthstone Crystal
To Shop:

Personalized Sand Dollar Pendant
To Shop:

Music is My Life - 8th Note Pendant
To Shop:


Hand-Stamped INSPIRE Pendant
To Shop:

:::  THE OPINIONS  :::

I really like that Chipmunk Hollow offers some unique options for their personalized jewelry. There's a plethora of personalized jewelry shops on Etsy, so it takes something special to really stand out. Some shops stick to the basics, like initial charms or mother's pendants. But Chipmunk Hollow thought outside of the box a bit, adding items like their graduation and school colors pendants, the musical note pendant and many more. Also, it looks like they use quality materials, which is important. I can usually tell from the pictures if the metal used for hand-stamping is either thick or flimsy, which does make a big difference when it comes to pendants like these. They have a nice selection of gemstones to choose from, and seem very flexible in creating custom pieces that aren't displayed in their shop. Overall, I think Chipmunk Hollow is a great little indie jewelry shop that represents Wisconsin jewelrymakers/artists/talent in a very positive way.

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment