2.20.2012

My Pretty Zombie Part Deux

Obviously from the title you've probably figured out that this is my second post about My Pretty Zombie. Since I already did a "review" of MPZ HERE, I won't go through all of the specifics aside from mentioning the pricing again, for those who are interested. I got some great colors the second time around, equal in fabulousness to my first order. :}

:::  THE SPECS  :::

For this particular order I purchased three full-size eyeshadows for $15 and received two free baggie samples. The full sizes contain approximately 1.5 grams of product in a 5-gram container {and I really like the square-bottomed containers}, with the jars heat-sealed, no sifter. The jars are labeled with the company name on top and the color/ingredients on the bottom. TAT and shipping was the same for this order as with the last one, at about seven business days from the time I ordered. Shipping is $1.25{US} for the first item and $0.25{US} for additional items; $2.25 to Canada and $4.60 everywhere else.

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

*Swatched over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese. Click images to enlarge.*

{The items}
{The items}
{Heat-sealed jars}
{Unicorn Pee, Natural Light}
{Unicorn Pee, Flash}
{Law Firm Lamb Cake, Natural Light}
{Law Firm Lamb Cake, Flash}
{Monstrous Industry, Natural Light}
{Monstrous Industry, Flash}
{Swatches in Natural Light}
{Natural Light}
{Natural Light}
{Natural Light}
{Natural Light}
{Natural Light}
{Swatches with a flash}
{Different angle with a flash}

:::  THE OPINIONS  :::

Aren't they all amazing? I actually received Rabies as a sample with my first order, but Grandma Cleavage was a new one, and it's fantastic! I wouldn't have picked the color just from looking at the pigment in the baggie, so this just proves how important swatches are. The color shift is pretty awesome. Monstrous Industry, Law Firm Lamb Cake and Unicorn Pee are all great colors as well. I would recommend using Unicorn Pee over a glitter glue type of base, like Darling Girl's glitter glue or Fyrinnae's Pixie Epoxy, as Unicorn Pee has a lot of glitter that you'll want to make sure adheres to your lids. I would even use glitter glue with Law Firm Lamb Cake, which doesn't have as much glitter as Unicorn Pee, but enough that it can make a difference depending on the base you use. Of course I love all of the colors and would recommend all of them once again.

Stay Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You do really great swatches. I haven't tried My Pretty Zombie yet but they are on my list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think you'll love MPZ!

      Delete