2.20.2012

Long Time Gone

First of all, my apologies for disappearing a few weeks ago. How time flies when you're busy! What felt like only a few days away from my blog, was actually about a month, and now I feel like quite a slacker. Not that I should have to apologize for having a busy life — it happens — but I hate neglecting something I enjoy. It certainly hasn't been a matter of choice though.

I'm still {slowly} putting together a special little giveaway for my blog, and collecting new things every time I place an order with my favorite companies. The newest addition to my giveaway stash is a set of two Black Magic sample bars from One Hand Washes the Other! I'm pretty excited about that. At some point I'll get a blog post/review up for OHWTO as well, but there are quite a few reviews/swatch posts in line, waiting for me to complete them.

As far as my busy life goes, it's been primarily work and school-related, with little time to do the things I enjoy. I'm still on a hiatus with my theater ensemble until I finish up grad school, but I'm still plenty busy even without theater. On a positive note, I got a new car a few weeks ago {see pics below}! It's a 2012 Chevy Cruze, and it's my first truly "new" car ever. While I'm still grateful that I was able to own any cars I've had in the past, it feels like a breath of fresh air to be able to drive something that I'm not constantly worrying about. The last straw was my most recent car and oil/coolant leaks that would have cost about $700 to fix. For a 1999 car, that's so not worth it. So I made a quick decision and decided to trade it in while I could still get a bit of money for it, and just start over brand new. Although to clarify, the decision to get a new car was quick, but choosing the perfect car to buy was not. Anyway, now I can make the 360-mile round-trip drive to visit my family and friends without worrying about my car breaking down and leaving me stranded in every sense of the word. I was able to be proactive this time, and I'm glad for that. Anyway, I love my Cruze, and am really pleased with the customer service and guidance I received at the dealership where I purchased the car. Being a single young{er} woman, there's always that chance that the salesmen will try to take advantage of the situation. But I did my homework, and this place was pretty amazing. The sales rep was not only friendly, but also wasn't pushy, and made sure I understood everything I was looking at, made sure I was comfortable with every decision I made, and just made the overall experience a positive one.

Without further ado, here is my "baby." I wish I could think of a name for it... any suggestions? I've heard "Black Betty," "Black Beauty," "Tom Cruze" and a few others. I don't think I want the color "black" to be in its name though. And, it has to be a boyish name, not a girly name. My cars are always boys. Hehe.



So there it is! I should also mention that the black granite metallic paint actually has *sparkles* in it! It looks fabulous in the sunlight.

Other than the new car, and being a busy bee, there isn't much else to report. I've had a great variety of indie orders arrive lately, all of which I plan to blog about in the {hopefully} near future. OHWTO, Victorian Disco, Evil Shades, Simply Sweet Skin, Pollen Cosmetics, Chinovi Cosmetics are all on the list, along with a bunch that I've had queued up for a while and just need to add some details to and click "publish." Thankfully I have a "mental health" vacation coming up on Wednesday, for a lovely five days, so I'm making it a point to get more blog work done in that time. Don't hold me to it, but I sure will try. :}

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment