12.05.2011

Simply Just Minerals

Simply Just Minerals is a shop I found on Etsy a couple of months ago, and chose to place an order even though I didn't find many reviews on the shop at that point.

:::  THE SPECS  :::

Simply Just Minerals sells loose eyeshadows, foundation/finishing powders and a few blushes. Loose eyeshadows in 5-gram jars are $4.95 a piece. I took advantage of a special deal they were having at the time, so I purchased ten full-size shadows. You can also buy samples, including a 10 sample set for $9.00. Each listing details the size and usage information, along with the ingredients list. Domestic {U.S.} Shipping is $2.00 for the first item and $0.50 for each additional item {U.S.}, and International Shipping is $4.25 for the first item and $0.50 for each additional item. I received my order about a week after the purchase, which was very timely. I didn't have a reason to contact the owner, so I can't speak to the customer service aspect.

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

*All swatches done over NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese. Click to enlarge images.*

{The first five colors - Natural Light - had my arm resting on a pink blanket, so there's an odd pink glow at the bottom}
{Natural Light}
{Natural Light}
{Natural Light - Sexy B is a pigment that was listed as being an unmixed color, though I don't see products like this listed in the shop anymore. It was very obvious when I opened the jar though - the consistency was completely different from the rest}
{Photographed with a Flash}
{The second five colors - Natural Light}
{Charmed and Concrete - Natural Light}
{Cosmic, Smokebush and Heavenly - Natural Light}
{Smokebush and Heavenly - Natural Light}
{Photographed with a Flash}

:::  THE OPINIONS  :::

My favorites from this order were Heavenly and Charmed. While the shadows themselves applied evenly and were easy to work with, and the colors were all nice, nothing really stood out of the bunch and WOW'd me. Lots of pretty shades, but I didn't completely crave any of the colors. Maybe I just have unrealistic expectations now after ordering from so many different indie MMU companies that have remarkably unique colors. With so many sellers out there now, I'm kind of looking for that little something extra in the products. If you've ordered from Simply Just, let me know what you think!

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment