12.05.2011

Gradient Glitter NOTD

My first-ever Nail of the Day! Be gentle. :}

My goal was to somewhat recreate a manicure that I found on Pinterest {see the very last picture}. For the life of me I couldn't track the image back to its original owner, so if it's your look, let me know! The image on Pinterest takes me to a dead link. :\
Anyway, I apologize for the imperfect cuticles and non-camera-ready nails overall, but that's just how it goes.

I used Sally Hansen Insta-Grip Base Coat, then one layer of a Cover Girl nail polish that isn't sold anymore, and the label doesn't have the name anymore, so it's a mystery. Then I just coated the tips, like a French manicure tip, with the same glitter. Finished with Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat.

Overall I'm not thrilled with how it turned out, but for my first try it wasn't all bad I guess. Next time I'd probably do the layers somewhat different so the gradient effect is more noticeable. Compared to the picture I used as inspiration, I started the glitter gradient right at the cuticle, while theirs started about halfway up the nail. And I'd use a nail polish with bigger glitter that's more obviously multicolored and stands out more {like the manicure in the last picture}. Learning something new every day!

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

{Photographed with a flash}
{Photographed in slightly dim natural light}
{Another flash photo}
{The original picture that inspired me - borrowed from Pinterest, source unknown}

Stay Fabulous!

2 comments:

  1. looks great! i love how it turned out....like yours more than the inspiration actually

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the comment! :}

    ReplyDelete