6.26.2012

Victorian Disco: Review | Swatches

I made a purchase with Victorian Disco Cosmetics a while back, after seeing some swatches of "Atrophine" {which you'll see below} on another blog. Here are the deets!

:::  THE SPECS  :::

I ordered five mini jars of eyeshadow for $2.00 each, and one full-size jar for $4.50. Each mini jar comes with approx. 1 gram of product, and full-size jars come with approx. 2 grams of product. I also received two baggie samples for free. You can also order baggie samples for $1.00 each. Shipping is $3.00 for domestic orders in the U.S., $6.00 internationally, or $1.50 for orders consisting of just sample baggies, world-wide. If you live in the U.S. and spend more than $35.00 you get free shipping.

My order was sent out only two days after processing, and I received it in about 3 days, for a total of 5 days from the time I submitted the order to the time I received it.

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

Swatched over Darling Girl Glitter Glue and photographed under warm lighting. Pictures are clickable to enlarge.

{Mini jars come without sifters, and the full sizes have sifters included}
{Photographed under warm white lighting - please ignore my goosebumps, apparently I was chilly!}
{Photographed under warm white lighting}
{Photographed under warm white lighting}
{Photographed under warm white lighting}
{Photographed under warm white lighting}
{Photographed with a flash}
{Photographed with a flash, blurred to show sparkles}


:::  THE OPINIONS  :::

The stand-outs for me were "The Force, Use It" and "Archduchess." The former is described on the company's website as a light green with a purple/red sheen, but I see a minty seafoam color with a soft pink shift. Depending on the light, you could definitely see it in a variety of different ways. "Archduchess" is described as a dusty purple with violet, gold and blue sheen. I see it as more of a gunmetal gray with a purple sheen and gold and blue sparkles. Very lovely either way!

After browsing the website again, I've noticed quite a few new colors that have been added since I last ordered {which was a few months ago}, so I may have to place another order when the shop is up and running again. The owner is on a break right now, so you can view the products and create a shopping cart, but you can't check out. I assume it's only temporary, based on the note on the homepage. Keep an eye out for the company's reopening!

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment