6.26.2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

I read about this idea on a blog that I read pretty regularly, and thought I'd give it a shot about once a month. The purpose is to acknowledge the things in your life that make you happy, putting focus on those things and appreciating what you have, rather than allowing yourself to be distracted by always wanting things. And these favorite things don't include people, of course, as my family and friends would take the top spots on that list. *smile*

So here's my first post of four random favorite things.


::: HTC EVO SHIFT™ 4G :::
The best phone I've had since my very first cellphone at the age of 16. It's pretty much attached to my hand, or at the very least, in my purse wherever I go. I recently got rid of my Samsung Moment touchscreen phone, which started out great but then slowly started to drain the battery within a few hours of charging it (and without even using it), and it would randomly drop calls. I go through Sprint, and after 9 months with a phone you get a $150 upgrade credit, so once I qualified for it, I started browsing new options on Sprint's online store. The HTC Evo had the highest customer rating (4.75 out of 5 stars) and was also rated the highest on cnet.com — the online electronics mecca that I refer to anytime I'm in the market for something like that. At that time, Sprint was also offering a special deal on the HTC Evo Shift. Usually they only offer mail-in rebates, but this time they changed them to instant rebates, so the phone went from $500 retail price down to only $150 with my upgrade credit and instant rebate. Well worth it. I went with the HTC Evo Shift, because it has a slide-out QWERTY keyboard, and I prefer that to the touchscreen keyboard. I've had this phone for 4 months now, and it has never dropped a call, has never run out of battery and is seamless in its useability. There's a lot of great stuff for free in the Android Market too.

::: BILLABONG HANDBAG :::
Hello, heavy handbag! My favorite bag in recent history, with lots of space to fit... well, everything. I love carrying big purses, never leaving anything behind — though my chiropractor would disagree. The side pockets are perfect for carrying around my pink water bottle, which is another item I keep with me 24/7 {lots of H2O = fresh, clear skin!}.

::: BIC 730 R PEN :::
I'm a pen geek. In the time of computer convenience, I'm still writing things out with a pen and paper. And when I write, it has to be with the best pen available. I've tried them all, and the Bic 730 R is by far my favorite. So far I've only been able to find them at Target and Amazon.com, but it's worth the extra trip/order. It has super-pigmented ink, writes smoothly and lasts for a while. Aside from that, there isn't much more to say about a pen. *smile*

::: WILLOW TREE DREAMER ANGEL :::
I've been collecting Willow Tree Angels for a few years now, ever since my cousin started collecting them. I'm not much of a "collecting" person overall, so Willow Trees are the only collectibles a person would see in my house. Each one has different meaning behind it, and were received as gifts from a variety of different friends and family. The Dreamer is the one that is the most representative of my personality, and I got it from the cousin who got me started in collecting them initially.

So that's it for the first installment of my favorite things.
Stay Fabulous!

1 comment: