6.09.2011

Candy's Sweet Treats: A Review

I'm trying, slowly but surely, to get back into the swing of things, and carve out some time from my crazy schedule to update my blog on a more regular basis. So, let's start today!

I have quite a back-log of mineral makeup reviews to write up, and Candy's Sweet Treats is only the first of many.
Just a side note: it looks like Candy's shop on Etsy is on a hiatus right now, but it's not closed, so keep checking back if you're interested in the products.

I ordered four full-size shadows and a bunch of samples, though three of the full-size shadows were gifts for my cousin. So the swatches I've done below are only for the samples. But the samples contained a decent amount of pigment, so I was able to use them many times, and still have some of each color left.

Here are the sample baggies the pigments came in:


They were clearly labeled, and the ingredients were posted on the shop's Etsy page for reference.

Here are the swatches — one done in natural light and one done with a flash to show the shimmer/glitter/duochromatic effects.





::: My Thoughts :::

All of the colors went on very smoothly, and a little goes a long way. You can easily build up the pigment for a more opaque look, or sweep it on lightly for a sheer blend of color.
My favorite color out of the seven that I swatched is Fairy Abode. I have yet to find another company's color that matches this one — it's a beautiful pale green with a creamy champagne-like iridescent effect. However, the other colors are lovely too. I would definitely buy full-size versions of some of these colors.

::: Color Descriptions :::

My own personal descriptions of the colors:
Jezebel ... A buttery, golden yellow completed with the perfect amount of shimmer
Streets of Paris ... A champagne, off-white hue wit just a slight shimmery yellow tint
Little Liar ... A light watermelon-y pink with shimmer
Chameleon ... A soft white shimmer, perfect as a highlight color
Leprechaun Poop ... A shimmered spring green that complements a wide range of colors
God's Girls ... A lighter version of Jezebel, but in the same color family
Fairy Abode ... A pale green with an off-white iridescent overlay

Overall I'm pleased with the colors I received, and the shipping was quick and painless. *smile*
I'm always looking for new indie mineral makeup companies to try out, so leave me a comment if you have any recommendations! More reviews to come.

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment