5.09.2013

Blog Every Day in May Challenge | Days 4-8

As a reminder, this is the Blog Every Day in May Challenge. So far they've been pretty good writing prompts!
Tomorrow or Saturday I'm hoping to change it up and throw a review/swatch post in the mix.




::: DAY 4: FAVORITE QUOTE AND WHY YOU LOVE IT  :::

{Source}

I'm a proud Beatles fanatic, so I could pinpoint a variety of different song lyrics that "speak" to me or have some special meaning in my life. For instance, the song "Good Day Sunshine" was a song that my good friend Tyler and I sang to each other, which was just an "us" thing. Tyler's life was cut short a little over a year ago, and I just recently found myself able to listen to that song again. It still hurts to hear it, but I'm trying to focus on the happy memories we made around that song.
Anyway, the quote in the image above, for anyone who can't see it, says "And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make." It's a beautiful, often heartbreaking concept, but it's something I try to remember on a daily basis. Kind of like the quote "You get what you give."


::: DAY 5: PUBLICLY PROFESS YOUR LOVE AND DEVOTION FOR ONE OF YOUR BLOGGER FRIENDS. WHAT MAKES THEM GREAT? WHY DO YOU LOVE THEM?  :::

As just about everyone else has said... there are too many to name! I know I'd forget about someone if I tried to list all of those special bloggers who have inspired me, so I won't bother. They're out there, and I hope they know who they are. If not - I'm not being clear enough in my outward adoration! :} I do want to call out Mandy at Prettymaking though. She's an amazing gal, absolutely beautiful, and the way she approaches her blog is exactly what I aspire to do with my own someday. She's also super sweet and very smart. If you don't already follow her, you're seriously missing out. And that pink hair — awesome.

::: DAY 6: IF YOU COULDN'T ANSWER WITH YOUR JOB, HOW WOULD YOU ANSWER THE QUESTION "WHAT DO YOU DO?"  :::

Considering my job is truly "what I do," I'm not sure how to answer this. Obviously blogging is just a hobby for me, and a sporadic one at that. I guess I would say that aside from my career, I'm also a writer and an actress. Not professionally in either respect, but they're the two things I love to do in my free time. They're also two very satisfying creative outlets that have helped me through many tough times in life. The writing I do is anything from blogging to poetry, while the acting is through a local theater ensemble that I'm blessed to be a part of.

::: DAY 7: THE THING(S) YOU'RE MOST AFRAID OF  :::

This also ties into my "uncomfortable" thing: open, deep bodies of water. I'm terrified of the possibility of drowning. I don't care how unlikely it may be — if I can avoid it, I sure as heck will. I can tolerate rivers, most lakes, and of course pools. But a big lake, like Lake Michigan, or the ocean...no thank you. Being stuck on a boat in the middle of the ocean {even on a cruise ship} would be a living hell.

I'm also afraid of most bugs — have been since I was a little Jen. I don't care how harmless one might be. Take that even a step further, and I can say I'm even more afraid of dead flies. Like, the dead flies you might find on a window sill. Yeah, absolutely horrific. I won't try to self-analyze why this is. It just is.

Additionally, I'm afraid of something a bit more common: my friends or family being harmed in any way. I pray for the safety and happiness of my family/friends every chance I get. There isn't much I can do to control something like that, so if I can take some time each day to send some prayers out, then I feel a sense of comfort. The thought of something bad happening to someone I love makes me nauseous.


::: DAY 8: A PIECE OF ADVICE YOU HAVE FOR OTHERS  :::

{Source}
I couldn't say it any better. :} Surround yourself with the people who love you exactly as you are. I hate to use the old cliche that "life is short," but it's true. Too short to be around people who drag you down.

On that note... have a great night {or morning, depending where you are}!

Stay Fabulous!


1 comment: