9.08.2011

Virus Insanity Eyeshadows: A Review

Let me begin by saying... I {l o v e} Virus Insanity Eyeshadows {VIE}!

Now that that's out of the way...

I discovered VIE through a popular indie beauty blog that reviewed their purchase a few months back. At first I was hesitant ordering VIE, as it's all done via Facebook {until a website is created, which from what I've read, is supposed to be coming up}. However, after reading through a lot of comments left on the Facebook page about how awesome the eyeshadows are, how fast they shipped, the reasonable prices and the wonderful customer service, I decided to give it a shot. This is just the first review, as I've ordered more since then, which I'll post about later.

:::  THE SPECS  :::

As mentioned above, Virus Insanity Eyeshadows are available through Facebook. It may seem daunting at first, but it's very simple to order. Just browse through the photo albums and pick the colors or collection you want. Side note here: some albums are listed as "Custom Collections" and can only be purchased as an entire collection. Everything else is up for grabs individually, and there is a ton to choose from. Once you pick out the colors you want, you can either post on the VIE wall exactly what you'd like, or email her at the address listed in the info. It looks like most people just post on the VIE wall with the colors they want, and then their email address that their PayPal account is linked to so that she can send you an invoice. Her current TAT is posted on the information tab as well, and my order was shipped out well within the stated timeframe.

VIE also runs different specials throughout the month, so becoming a fan of the page is very beneficial. :} The shadows individually are $5 for a 5-gram jar, but there always seems to be a sale running. Regardless, $5/jar is very reasonable. I ordered when there was a 20% off the 10-for-$30 special, so I received the ten jars + two generous samples in clam shells for $24.

:::  THE PICTURES  :::

Get ready for lots of pictures!
All swatches were done over Smashbox Primer and NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cottage Cheese.
As always, the pictures can be clicked to make them bigger.

{I don't recall if they came with sifter seals, as this picture was taken later on}

{Out of this bunch, my favorites are Plaid is Rad and Fishy... though they're all lovely}




{Out of this bunch, my faves are Excitement and Fairy Purple}




{I love the spring-green shade of Plaid is Rad, almost with a lime glow}


{Fishy is a crazy-lovely color-shifting shade of blue -- to say the least.}

{Excitement is very deceiving in the jar -- looks fuchsia, but has an amazing purple/blue sheen.}

{Fairy Purple is the perfect light lavender shade that seems to look good with anything.}

{It's hard to see in the picture, but Panda is a white shimmer with black glitter.}

:::  THE OPINIONS  :::

My favorites were mentioned in the captions beneath the pictures, but just to reiterate, I {l o v e d} Plaid is Rad, Fishy, Excitement and Fairy Purple. Having said that, I thought all of the pigments were fantastic. They adhere well to the primer, they don't have a lot of fallout, and they're even pigmented enough to look good without primer at all.

In regards to the seller overall, despite only having presence on Facebook, I wouldn't let that deter anyone from purchasing, as these eyeshadows are well worth it. I just received a second order from VIE, and I still haven't ordered all of the colors I want. The customer service is flawless {in as much as I needed to utilize it} and the processing/shipping is quick. Two very enthusiastic thumbs up.

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment