5.07.2011

Catch Up!

It's been a while since I've blogged! A lot has transpired over the last two weeks, and I'm finally catching up on all of the things I put off until now {school work, cleaning, reading, spending time with family/friends, just relaxing}. Hopefully I can jump back into blogging more regularly and really get this thing off the ground. Baby steps.

So without getting into too many personal details, here are some of the things that have occupied my time lately.

Last week, beginning April 24th, was tech week for the theater ensemble I perform with. We put on a classic Greek play, which included one act that was done more traditionally, and the second act was updated and produced as a modern piece {and it was HIL-ARIOUS}. My family came to see the final matinee, and they all left with big smiles on their faces — and they're still laughing about it. That's what I like to see! But since it was the week/weekend of the show, I had no time to myself for anything except the bare minimum sleep requirement {about four hours a night, which is half of what I usually get}. I'd work from 8-4:30, then go home to shovel in a few spoonfuls of ice cream and run out the door to make it to the theater by 5pm, where I stayed until 11pm each night. Suffice to say I was sleep-deprived and a little cranky by the end of the run. But, I'm very proud of what the ensemble accomplished, and I wouldn't have given my participation a second thought. I'm excited to have free evenings again though!

Also demanding my time and focus was the class I was taking at the time. I'm studying for my MBA, and each class is eight weeks long. The eighth week, which is when the final exam is taken, happened to arrive the week before tech week for the play, which basically means I had no break for two weeks straight. But, I was able to dominate the exam and walked away with a 97% in the class overall, which I'm quite proud of considering how many different things I was trying to give attention to during the that timeframe. I really can't complain. Part of me simply loves being busy and working under pressure. But I can't deny the desire to do nothing once and a while.

To top it all off, looming over my head for the last 6 weeks was a potential career change/promotion at work. I interviewed for a different position within my company about 6 weeks ago, and played the waiting game for about 5 weeks {I understand why patience is a virtue now}. At the end of week 5, which coincidentally was the week of the play performances, I was called in for a second interview. This gave me hope, though I tried not to think about it too much, as I've been disappointed in situations like this in the past. But, for me, that's not an easy thing to do, so I ended up analyzing every single aspect of the situation until I was pretty well paranoid. Luckily, I just found out yesterday that I got the job! I start in my new position on May 24th, and am *SO* excited about the new responsibilities and new challenges that await me. To celebrate, I'm buying myself a whole new set of office things — organizers, binders, shelves, etc. Maybe a few new outfits too, even though my company's dress code is casual {I love dressing up anyway}. I deserve it!

So, obviously the week of the 24th was one of the busiest, draining, exciting weeks I've had in a long time. The stress and anxiety of performing in the play, combined with studying for and taking my final exam, plus everything going on at work... it makes me appreciate the laid-back weekend I'm enjoying right now. *smile* But I'm ready to get back to blogging again, as I have a stockpile of ideas to start digging into, probably starting tomorrow.

I hope everyone else has enjoyed the last two weeks in their own ways, and has the opportunity to get outside and soak up the sunshine (if it's sunny by you, as it is by me)!

Stay Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment